Saturday, April 2, 2011

What is Sueding BJD dolls

I learned a new term and technique that Ball jointed doll collectors use called Sueding. If a joint on the doll does not move properly then you can suede it. You use a hot glue gun. If you are trying to suede the neck of a doll then you pull the head up so it is away from the neck. Put a little hot glue on the head and let it harden. Then allow the head to sit back on the neck. The head will then turn and tilt the way that you want it to. Vinyl ball jointed dolls are made by hand and pulled from the molds by human hands. Sometimes they are not pulled perfectly so the joints don't fit the way they should. Using this technique really works.

5 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo, I'm first to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Im third I have a blog too. please follow me
    hugs belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to be here on your new blog, too! Can't wait to see what all you make and post about! I LOVE dolls...and have a room full of them! So Duds for dolls sounds great to me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following me. My name is Linda Dryer and I am still figuring this all out. @Lavender Dreamer Thank you. My website is dudsfordolls.com and I love dolls too. That is what caught my eye about your blog.
    @Belinda I think I did follow you too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete