It is easy and fun to make a no sew tutu for any doll.
You will need 1/4" wide ribbon. The length will be determined by the doll's waist measurement. You will need tulle in the color of your choice. Match the ribbon.
1. Measure your doll's waist and add 12". Cut a piece of 1/4" wide ribbon that length.
2. I lay a ruler on the dolls body from her waist to determine the length I want the tutu. Double that length and add 3 more inches.
3. Cut the tulle the length you just determined from the formula stated in number 2 and width of 7". I made this tutu for a 12" Lalaloopsy doll. I cut the tulle 6" long by 7" wide.
4. Scrunch up the 7" side of tulle into your hand. then fold the 6" in half.
5. Take the ribbon and put it over the folded piece of tulle and open up the loop that is the fold. Shown in photo below.
6. Take the ends of the folded piece and put them through that loop shown in the picture above, making sure the ribbon is in the middle of the loop and the ends you put into the loop. Pull tight on the ribbon as shown in the photo below.
7. Continue steps 4, 5 and 6 until the ribbon has tulle on it that is the waist measurement of your doll.
8. You may need to trim the length of the tulle after your tutu is completed to even it up.
9. Tie the ribbon in the back of the doll into a bow. Now you have a new sew tutu that took you minutes to make.
Have loads of fun making tutus for your many dolls in many colors.
Super-cute! I will likely try that someday. Thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
wow easy peasy!ReplyDelete
That is so cute! I hope I can make some!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing this. It helped me when I needed to make a tutu for a penguin sculpture. I mentioned your blog in the blog post I did about making my ballerina penguin sculpture, http://lillybugstudio.com/2013/penguin-sculptures-ballerina-pom-pom/ReplyDelete